Tuesday, March 18, 2008

trash talk

Last night I got trashed with Holly and her bf, Corey. We went to The Legion. Ashley came too, and I hadn't seen her in forever! I am not fond of The Legion, but I liked the company I kept. Just Holly, Corey, and I ended up first at Pub 340, then Shine for the Ice Cream social oldies night. I had to leave my workplace quickly, because the computer was down and the night manager was trying to get me to fix it. I couldn't figure it out, then I felt stressed out and didn't want to be there. So we left to go dance to old hits.

Shine was packed, and I danced with Holly until she left. Corey wouldn't dance. Saw tons of people that I know, but was embarassingly drunk. I knew this, but for some reason kept buying myself more drinks. Anyways, it was a lot of fun. I took a cab home by myself at the end of the night and made a good stirfry at home. Drank lots of WATER.

Today, I woke up early to go to a meeting with Sharon, my boss. We talked work and I feel a bit better about things then I did before the meeting. I told her that I'm going on tour and she said that she wasn't sure if I would return to a "viable" job, which I suppose means enough shifts to survive on. This is because she may hire someone to replace me. I'm almost ready to let Pub 340 go anyway. I have had a few "I can get you a job at my pub" offers from friends, so if I have to leave, at least I will have somewhere else to go. Not something I want to do that badly, but perhaps it's time for a new chapter in my life. I am also homeless when I get back from tour, because Jer and I are giving our one month notice on April 1st. I have a feeling we'll be hanging out at the ER alot in June.

I also had band practice with Mike today, and we worked on four new Modern Creatures songs. They don't sound as "punk" as some of our other songs. A few are a bit slower, more melodic and psych influenced. Not sure if Jer will go for them. Burrito dinner again

No comments: