Saturday, April 26, 2008

Preparations for many changes are happening. Moving (and by moving, I mean putting all my stuff in storage and then coming back homeless), vacationing from everyday life, potentially leaving my job for good, and going back to school in September. I don't really know what to take. I see too many people with useless bachelor's degrees. People who have slaved away for 4 to 5 years only to work just above minimum wage, making half as much as I do without the degree.

Not that I don't appreciate the idea of educating one's self, I am just not looking forward to the stress of responsibility/deadlines. I am really looking forward to going away for a month. The landscape of Vancouver makes me feel grim and bored more often than it makes me feel good. The familiar streets, the grey of the sky, and the lack of new sights all make me extremely greatful that I will not have to look at them for a long time. Hopefully absence will make my heart not puke when I come back.

Still reading Anais Nin. I take a long time to read a book these days. I never turn on the television myself, but when Jer puts it on SVU, I just can't tear my eyes away. That's what happens when you live in a Bachelor!

No comments: